Dlink WiFi repeaters are sort of like the boosters to the routers. It makes the internet speed faster and increases the area of the WiFi or internet signals. To access the Dlink extender people usually use the login URL that is dlinkap.local. But sometimes, they can’t log in to the extender because some of the errors. So, in this article, we will present you some troubleshooting tips to solve this login problem. Also, you will learn how to access the interface of the Dlink extender correctly within some steps.
How You Can Fix Issue?
Placing the Router on the Right Spot
Choosing the wrong spot for the repeater can increase the chances of the errors. So, avoid placing your WiFi extender near electronic things, heavy concrete walls, and metal things. Pick a spot which is close to the router where you can easily connect your extender to the WiFi router. Also, ensure you plug your repeater in power socket which is in good condition. If it is damaged then fix it by calling an electrician or plug the repeater to another power socket.
Making the Connections Correctly
The connection between the router and repeater should be correct. Use an Ethernet cable to establish the connection. You have to connect the network cable to the LAN port of the router and the WAN or the internet port of the WiFi extender. If the Ethernet wire is damaged, then replace it with a new one.
Using Up-to-Date Web Browser
Usingan outdated internet browser can cause issues. So, do use an updated browser. Also, clear the garbage files such as cache and cookies from the browser. Disable the ad-blocker of the internet browser as well.
Rebooting Dlink Router
If you are facing the same problem again you can restart the Dlink WiFi repeater. To restart, you just have to pull out the extender from the power socket and then plug it back into it again. This action will reboot the repeater.
You can also restart the repeater by pressing its power On/Off button and then release it. After this, the extender will reboot itself.
Resetting WiFi Router
If nothing is working from the above-mentioned tips then you can reset the extender. To reset you just have to follow the steps written below.
- To reset, locate the reset button on the Dlink WiFi repeater.
- After locating the button press it for ten to fifteen seconds and then release it.
- This will start the process of resetting the WiFi extender.
- After some time it will start again.
After resetting the repeater all the data will be deleted, and all the previous settings will be cleared. You have to start the login from the beginning. So, be sure you want to reset the Dlink extender.
How to Access Extender Correctly?
To access the extender you have to connect your computer to the extender’s network and then you have to follow some of the simple steps given down here.
- After connecting with the extender’s network, you have to open any web browser on your computer. You can use Google Chrome, Safari, Opera Mini, or Internet Explorer.
- Then enter dlinkap.local in the address bar of the browser and hit Enter key.
- It will take you to the login page of the extender’s interface. Here you will be asked to enter the default user details such as username and password.
- You can use the user manual. But usually, the username is admin and the password is password.
- Now, click next and you will reach at the main dashboard of the web-based interface of the Dlink Wifi extender.
You can now manage the settings and network of the router. You can also change or assign a new password to the repeater’s network.
The Last Words
Remember, the Dlink router interface is accessible with dlinkrouter.local and Dlink WiFi extender’s login URL is Dlinkap.local. In this article, you have learned how you can troubleshoot the problem which is login URL is not working or showing errors while logging into the repeater. Also, you’ve gather information how to log in to the extender’s interface without causing an error. We hope you successfully fix the problem and access the interface of the WiFi repeater without any issue occurrence.